Welcome to 'Ask Brook'
Ask Brook services are:
Ask Brook offers a confidential telephone, online webchat and interactive text message service. Ask Brook opening times are:
- For text and webchat: 9am - 3pm Monday to Friday
- For telephone calls (0808 802 1234): 11am - 3pm Monday to Friday
If you have an urgent question, you can text or call us, or speak with an Ask Brook advisor via Webchat.
If you need to speak to someone urgently outside of these times please contact NHS 11 by dialing 111 or NHS 24 (Scotland) on 08454 242424.
You can listen to recorded information on key sexual health issues anytime of day or night on 0808 802 1234. You will hear a recorded message and will then be asked to choose the topic you want more information on from a list of options.
Ask Brook provides sexual health information, support and signposting for all young people under 25 anywhere in the UK. (If you are over 25 and in the UK you can contact FPA. Information on services outside of the UK is available from IPPF).
- Telephone 0808 802 1234 - free from all telephones including mobile phones
- Text Ask Brook on 07717 989 023 (standard SMS rates apply)
- Or chat online by clicking the 'Advisor Online' button to the right of this page (please note, the button only displays when an advisor is online)
Please note that for technical reasons we are unable to receive picture messages
Ask Brook cannot provide individual medical advice but we do provide a personal reply with information to help you.
To find your nearest Brook service, visit: http://www.brook.org.uk/find-a-centre
How quickly will we get back to you?
- All text messages are answered within one working day
- 80% of callers regularly get through the first time they call us (we review this regularly and adjust staffing accordingly).
Here to listen, not to tell! At Brook we offer a confidential service. This means that we do not talk about your enquiry to anyone outside Brook without your permission unless you are in serious danger. If you have any worries or questions about confidentiality, don't hesitate to ask us
For more information about confidentiality, and to protect your privacy by ensuring that other people can't find out that you have visited this website, click HERE.
Language Is Everything
If English is not your first language, you can still call Ask Brook. We have an interpreting service called Language Is Everything which means you can talk in confidence to an Ask Brook Advisor through an interpreter.
We just need to know (in English) the language you need to use. If you can't tell us yourself in English yourself then you can always ask a friend to call us on your behalf. Call us free on 0808 802 1234.
Deaf or hard of hearing young people who wish to contact Ask Brook can do so by using Text Relay. You'll need a textphone, which is a specially adapted phone with a keyboard.
To make the call dial 18001 0808 802 1234, you will receive call progress information while the call is being established.
An Ask Brook Advisor will then answer the call, and will be able to answer any questions you have.
24-hour information line
For information on key sexual health issues any time of day or night you can call 0808 802 1234 and select option 1 for our 24-hour information line. You will hear a recorded message and will then be asked to choose the topic you want more information on from a list of options.
If you need to speak to someone urgently when Ask Brook is closed
If you need to speak to somebody about your situation outside of our hours, you can call:
- Worth Talking About for under 19s only open Monday to Friday 2pm - 8pm and Saturday and Sunday 2pm - 4pm on 0800 28 29 30
- NHS 111 for all ages, for medical advice 24 hours a day by dialing 111 (call charges apply).